Thursday, March 15, 2007

My Opto OS456 and Probe

Apologies for the long dry spell. My main equipment for scanning
the multitude of military frequencies for many years has been my
Pro-2006 w/OS456 board installed and running Probe v7 on my
IBM Thinkpad. Well, back in late January I came home from work
to find the IBM Thinkpad displaying the BSOD or
"Blue Screen of Death". The hard drive died and thus all my data.
Now on all my other computers I keep everything backed up.
However, since I only used that one for running Probe 24/7
I never took the time. So....basically since then I have only
been doing intermittent milair listening using my Pro-96
and Pro-97 handhelds, and running Trunker on Ohio MARCS
sites with the 2006 and desktop computer.

A few days ago, I picked up another IBM Thinkpad from a friend,
so as soon as I can get Windows 98 loaded on it (it has Win95)
and Probe reloaded I'll be back up and monitoring Milair 24/7
once again.

If you ever find a Pro-2006 with an Opto OS456 board
pre-installed up for sale, jump on it! This has to be one
of the best scanning set-ups ever designed.

1 comment:

  1. Mark - You're the best....thanks for working out the Pro-96 file for Kulpsville.... and remember that old Rip Torn line :-)

    ReplyDelete